Prof. Sumei Huang obtained her MSc degree from the Department of Physics at Huazhong University of Science and Technology in China. She went on to pursue her PhD degree at Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering‚ National University of Singapore. After graduating in 2000‚ she worked as a post doctoral research fellow at the laser lab of Data Storage Institute (DSI) for two years‚ and then worked as a senior research engineer at DSI for another two years. She joined East China Normal University in 2004 as a faculty member and professor‚ where she co-founded the Engineering Research Center for Nanophotonics and Advanced Instrument‚ Ministry of Education‚ in Department of physics.
Chemistry, Material science or Physics backgrounds
- Junjie Li, Zhongchang Wang, Chunlin Chen and Sumei Huang,“Atomic-scale Observation of Diffusion and Coalescence of Au Nanoclusters on YSZ Surface by Aberration-corrected STEM”, Scientific Reports (Nature 子刊）4 (2014) 5521, DOI: 10.1038/srep05521 (SCI, IF:5.078).
- Qi Luo, Yanrui Chen, Zhiqiang Li, Feng Zhu, Xiaohong Chen, Zhuo Sun, Yunle Wei2, Hai Guo, Zeng Bo Wang, Sumei Huang, “Large enhancements of NaYF4:Yb/Er/Gd nanorod upconversion emissions via coupling with localized surface plasmon ofAu film”, Nanotechnology 25 (2014) 185401 (9pp) (SCI, IF: 3.842).
- Jie Shen, Rui Cheng, Yiwei Chen, Xiaohong Chen, Zhuo Sun, and Sumei Huang，A Novel TiO2 Tape for Fabricating Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells on Universal Conductive Substrates, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2013, 5 (24), pp 13000–13005 (SCI, IF:5.008).
- J. Shen, Z. Q. Li, Y. R. Chen, X. H.Chen, Y. W. Chen, Z Sun, S. M. Huang, “Influence of SiO2 layer thickness on plasmon enhanced upconversion in hybrid Ag/ SiO2 / NaYF4:Yb, Er, Gd structures”, Applied Surface Science 270 (2013) 712– 717 (SCI,IF:2.112).
- Jie Shen, Dingwen Zhang, Junjie Li, Xiaodong Li, Zhuo Sun, Sumei Huang*, Fabrication and Evaluation of Low cost Cu2ZnSn(S, Se)4 Counter Electrodes for Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells, Nano-Micro Lett. 5(4), 281-288 (2013). (SCI, IF:2.057)
- Junjie Li, Jie Shen, Zhiqiang Li, Xiaodong Li, Zhou Sun, Zhigao Hu, Sumei Huang, “Wet chemical route to the synthesis of kesterite Cu2ZnSnS4 nanocrystals and their applications in lithium ion batteries”, Materials Letters 92 (2013) 330–333. (SCI, IF:2.322)
- Dingwen Zhang, Milton Wang, Alexandre G. Brolo，Jie Shen, Xiaodong Li, Sumei Huang, “Enhanced performance of dye-sensitized solar cells using gold nanoparticles modified fluorine tin oxide electrodes”, Journal Of Physics D-Applied Physics 46 (2013) 024005 (8pp). (SCI,IF:2.528)
- Q.Q. Liu, D.W. Zhang, J. Shen, Z.Q. Li, J.H. Shi, Y.W. Chen, Z. Sun, Z. Yang, S.M. Huang，Effects of RF and pulsed DC sputtered TiO2 compact layer on the performance dye-sensitized solar cells, Surface & Coatings Technology 231，126–130 （2013）( SCI,IF:2.758).
- Y. R.Chen, Z. Q. Li, X. H. Chen, C. Liu, X. J. Ye, Z. B. Wang, Z Sun, S. M. Huang , Improved performance of flexible amorphous silicon solar cells with silver nanowires”, Journal of Applied Physics 112, 124320 (2012). (SCI,IF:2.21)
- H. Zhang, Z. Q. Li, Y. R. Chen, J.J. Li, Z Sun, Z. Yang, S. M. Huang, “Growth of Cu2ZnSn(S,Se)4 thin films by a simple eco-friendly solution route method”,Surface Review and Letters, Vol. 19, No. 4 (2012) 1250034 (8 pages) (SCI, IF:0.276)
- Z. Q. Li, Q. Q. Liu, J. J. Li , Z Sun, Y. W. Chen, Z. Yang, S. M. Huang，“Growth of Zn doped Cu(In,Ga)Se2 thin films by RF sputtering for solar cell applications”, Solid-State Electronics 68 (2012) 80–84 (SCI, IF:1.482)
- Z. Q. Li, S. Chen, J. J. Li, Q. Q. Liu, Z. Sun, Z. B. Wang, S. M. Huang, “Plasmon-enhanced upconversion fluorescence in NaYF4:Yb/Er/Gd nanorods coated with Au nanoparticles or nanoshells”, Journal of Applied Physics 111, 014310 (2012). (Selected for Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology, Volume 25, Issue 4, January 23, 2012) (SCI, IF:2.21）
- Z. Q. Li, X. D. Li ,Q. Q. Liu, X. H.Chen, Z Sun, C. Liu, X. J. Ye, S. M. Huang, “Core/shell structured NaYF4:Yb3+/Er3+/Gd+3 nanorods with Au nanoparticles or shells for flexible amorphous silicon solar cells”, Nanotechnology 23 (2012) 025402 (8pp) (SCI, IF: 3.842).
- H. Zhu, J. Hüpkes, E. Bunte, S.M. Huang, Reactive sputtering of ZnO:Al thin films from rotatable dual metallic targets, Applied Surface Science 259 (2012) 582– 589(SCI,IF:2.112).
- H. Zhu, J. Hüpkes, E. Bunte, S.M. Huang, Study of ZnO:Al films for silicon thin film solar cells, Applied Surface Science 2012, Applied Surface Science 261 (2012) 268– 275 (SCI,IF:2.112).
- J.H. Shi, Z. Q. Li, D. W. Zhang, Q. Q. Liu, Z Sun, S. M. Huang，“Fabrication of Cu(In, Ga)Se2 thin films by sputtering from a single quaternary chalcogenide target”, Progress in Photovoltaics: Research and Applications 19 (2011)160–164 (SCI, IF: 7.712).
- Z. Q. Li, J H Shi, Q. Q. Liu, Y. W. Chen, Z. Sun, Z. Yang，S. M. Huang, “Large-scale growth of Cu2ZnSnSe4 andCu2ZnSnSe4/Cu2ZnSnS4 core/shell nanowires”, Nanotechnology 22 (2011) 265615 (SCI, IF: 3.842).
- Z. Q. Li, J. H. Shi, D. W. Zhang, Q. Q. Liu, , Z Sun, Y. W. Chen, Z. Yang, S. M. Huang, “Cu(In,Ga)Se2 solar cells with double layered buffers grown by chemical bath deposition”, Thin Solid Films 520 (2011) 333–337(SCI, IF: 1.604).
- Sumei Huang, Zhengan Wang, Zhuo Sun, Zengbo Wang, and Boris Luk'yanchuk, “The Near Field Properties of Colloidal Polystyrene Microspheres on Silicon”. J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. 11, 10981-10985 (2011) ((SCI, IF: 1.149).
- Min Qian, Yun Shen Zhou, Yang Gao, Jong Bok Park, Tao Feng, Su Mei Huang，Zhuo Sun， Lan Jiang, and Yong Feng Lu，“Formation of graphene sheets through laser exfoliation of highly ordered pyrolytic graphite”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 98, 173108 (2011)> (SCI, IF: 3.794).
- Qian Min, Zhou Yun Shen, Gao Yang, Park Jong Bok, Feng Tao, Huang, Su Mei, Sun Zhuo, Jiang Lan, Lu Yong Feng, Formation of freestanding two-dimensional carbon nanosheets from poly(phenylcarbyne) through pulsed laser ablation, Carbon 49 (SCI, IF: 5.868).
- Dingwen Zhang, Xiaodong Li, Si Chen , Zhuo Sun, Xi Jiang Yin and Sumei Huang, Performance of dye-sensitized solar cells with various carbon nanotube counter electrodes, Microchim Acta, (2011) 174:73–79 (SCI, IF: 2.578).
- D. W. Zhang, X. D. Li, H. B. Li, S. Chen, Z. Sun, X. J. Yin, S. M. Huang，”Graphene-based counter electrode for dye-sensitized solar cell”，Carbon 49 (2011) 5382 –5388 (SCI, IF: 5.868).
- X. D. Li, D. W. Zhang, X. J. Yin, S. Chen, J. H. Shi, Z Sun, S. M. Huang，“The effects of polymer gel electrolyte composition on performance of quasi-solid-state dye-sensitized solar cells”, J Solid State Electrochem (2011) 15:1271–1277 (SCI, IF: 2.261).
- Xujie Lü, Xinliang Mou, Jianjun Wu, Dingwen Zhang, Linlin Zhang, Fuqiang Huang, Fangfang Xu, Sumei Huang, “Improved-Performance Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells Using Nb-Doped TiO2 Electrodes: Efficient Electron Injection and Transfer”，Advanced Functional Materials 20 (2010) 509-515 (SCI, IF: 8.486).
- H. Zhu, J. Hüpkes, E. Bunte, J. Owen, S.M. Huang, “Novel etching method on high rate ZnO:Al thin films reactively sputtered from dual tube metallic targets for silicon-based solar cells”, Solar Energy Materials & Solar Cells 95, (2011) 964-968. (SCI, IF: 4.63).
- H. Zhu, J. Hüpkes, E. Bunte, A. Gerber, S.M. Huang，“Influence of working pressure on ZnO:Al films from tube targets for silicon thin film solar cells”，Thin Solid Films 518 (2010) 4997–5002 (SCI, IF: 1.604).
- H. Zhu, J. Hüpkes, E. Bunte, S.M. Huang，“Oxygen influence on sputtered high rate ZnO:Al films from dual rotatable ceramic targets”, Applied Surface Science, 256 (2010) 4601–4605 (SCI, IF: 2.112).
- H. Zhu, J. Hüpkes, E. Bunte, S.M. Huang，"Sputtering of ZnO:Al films from dual tube targets with tilted magnetrons", Thin Solid Films 519 (2011) 2366–2370 (SCI, IF: 1.604 ).
- H. Zhu, J. Hüpkes, E. Bunte and S.M. Huang, “High rate reactive magnetron sputtering of ZnO:Al films from rotating metallic targets”, Surface & Coatings Technology 205 (2010) 773–779 ( SCI,IF:2.758).
- Z.Q. Li, J.H. Shi, Q.Q. Liu, Z.A. Wang, Z. Sun, S.M. Huang, “ Effect of [Zn]/[S] ratios on the properties of chemical bath deposited zinc sulfide thin films, Appl. Surf. Sci. 257 (2010) 122–126 (SCI, IF: 2.112).
- D. W. Zhang, X. D. Li, S. Chen, F. Tao, Z Sun, X. J. Yin, S. M. Huang, “Fabrication of double-walled carbon nanotube counter-electrodes for dye sensitized solar cells”, J Solid State Electrochem 14 (2010)1541–1546 (SCI, IF: 2.279).
- X.D. Li, D.W.Zhang, S.Chen, Z.A.Wang, Z.Sun, X.J.Yin, S.M.Huang, “Enhancing efficiency of dye-sensitized solar cells by combining use of TiO2 nanotubes and nanoparticles”, Materials Chemistry and Physics, 124:179-183 (2010) (SCI, IF: 2.072).
- Q.Q. Liu，J.H. Shi, Z. Q. Li, D.W. Zhang, X.D. Li, Z Sun,L. Y. Zhang, S.M. Huang, “Morphological and stoichiometric study of chemical bath deposited CdS films by varying ammonia concentration”, Physica B 405 (2010) 4360–4365 ((SCI, IF: 1.327).
- J. H. Shi, S. M. Huang, J. B. Chu, H. B. Zhu, Z. A. Wang, X. D. Li, D. W. Zhang, Z Sun,W. J. Cheng，>F. Q. Huang>，X. J. Yin， “Effect of ZnO buffer layer on AZO film properties and photovoltaic applications”, J Mater Sci: Mater Electron 21 (2010) 1005–1013 (SCI, IF: 1.486).
- Li, XD , Zhang, DW , Chen, S, Zhang, H , Sun, Z , Huang, SM , Yin, XJ , “Dye-sensitized Solar Cells with Higher J(SC) by Using Polyvinylidene Fluoride Membrane Counter Electrodes”, Nano-Micro Lett. 3(3), 195-199 (2011) (SCI, IF: 2.057).