Education and Work Experience
2000-2004‚ Deparment of Polymer Science and Engineering‚ University of Science and Technology of China‚ B.S.;
2004-2008‚ School of Life Sciences‚ University of Science and Technology of China‚ PhD;
2009-2009‚ Department of Biomedical Engineering‚ Washingtion University in St. Louis‚ Postdoctoral Reaearch Fellow;
2010-now‚ School of Life Sciences‚ East China Normal University‚ Professor.
Dr. Cheng have published more than 80 first/corresponding authored articles on international journals such as Nature Materials‚ Nature Communications, J. Am. Chem. Soc. and Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. The total ISI impact factors of these papers are more than 500. He was invited to write review articles on the topics of by Chemical Reviews and Chemical Society Reviews, and etc. A book entitled "Dendrimer-Based Drug Delivery Systems: From Theory to Practice" was edited by Dr. Cheng in 2012 (Wiley). The peer-reviewed articles were cited by other researchers by more than 3000 times. The most-recent publications are listed as follows: (*Corresponding authors)
1) Yang JP, Zhang Q, Chang H, Cheng YY*. Surface-engineered Dendrimers in Gene Delivery, Chemical Reviews, 2015, 115(11), 5274-5300. (Cover Story)
2) Wang H, Wang YT, Wang Y, Li TF, Liu HM, Zhang Q, Cheng YY*. Self-assembled Fluorodendrimers Combine the Features of Lipid and Polymeric Vectors in Gene Delivery. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2015, 54, 11647-11651.
3) Wang MM, Liu HM, Li Lei, Cheng YY*. A Fluorinated Dendrimer Achieves Excellent Gene Transfection Efficiency at Extremely Low Nitrogen to Phosphorus Ratios, Nature Communications, 2014, 5, 3053.
4) Wang XY, Cai XP, Hu JJ, Shao NM, Wang F, Zhang Q, Xiao J, Cheng YY*. Glutathione-triggered "Off-on" Release of Anticancer Drugs from Dendrimer-encapsulated Gold Nanoparticles, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2013, 135(26), 9805-9810.
5) Liu HM, Wang H, Yang WJ, Cheng YY*. Disulfide Cross-linked Low Generation Dendrimers with High Gene Transfection Efficacy, Low Cytotoxicity, and Low Cost, J. Am. Chem. Soc.‚ 2012‚ 134, 17680-17687 (Highlighted by Global Medical Discovery).
6) Hu JJ, Xu TW, Cheng YY*. NMR Insights into Dendrimer-based Host-Guest Systems, Chemical Reviews, 2012, 112(7), 3856-3891.
7) Cheng YY*‚ Zhao LB‚ Li YW‚ Xu TW*. Design of Biocompatible Dendrimers for Cancer Diagnosis and Therapy: Current Status and Furture Perspectives‚ Chemical Society Reviews‚ 2011‚ 40‚ 2673-2703.
8) Zhao LB‚ Wu QL‚ Cheng YY*‚ Zhang JH‚ Wu JH‚ Xu TW*. High-throughput Screening of Dendrimer-binding Drugs‚ J. Am. Chem. Soc.‚ 2010‚ 132(38)‚ 13182-13184.
9) Yavuz MS†‚ Cheng YY†‚ Chen JY†‚ Cobley CM‚ Zhang Q‚ Rycenga M‚ Xie JW‚ Kim C‚ Schwartz AG‚ Wang LV‚ Xia YN*. Gold Nanocages Covered by Smart Polymers for Controlled Release with Near-infrared Light‚ Nature Materials‚ 2009‚ 8(12): 935-939. (†co-first author; Highlighted by Science Daily‚ The New York Times‚ R & D Magazines‚ Nanomedicine)
10) Wang F, Wang Y, Wang H, Shao NM, Cheng Y,Cheng YY*. Synergistic Effect of Amino Acids Modified on Dendrimer Surface in Gene Delivery, Biomaterials, 2014, 35, 9187-9198. (Highlighted by Faculty of 1000)
11) Liu HM, Wang Y, Wang MM, Xiao JR, Cheng YY*. Fluorinated Poly(propylenimine) Dendrimers as Gene Vectors, Biomaterials, 2014, 35, 5407-5413.
12) Wang MM, Cheng YY*. The Effect of Fluorination on the Transfection Efficacy of Surface-Engineered Dendrimers‚ Biomaterials‚ 2014, 35, 6603-6613.
13) Hu JJ, Su Y, Zhang HF, Xu T, Cheng YY*. Design of Interior-functionalized Fully Acetylated Dendrimers for Anticancer Drug Delivery, Biomaterials, 2012, 32, 9950-9959.