1. Haifeng Ye, Daoud-El Baba, M., Peng, R.W. & Martin Fussenegger. A synthetic optogenetictranscription device enhances blood-glucose homeostasis in mice. Science 332: 1565-68 (2011)
Editor’s choice, highlighted by Cell, Nature Medicine, Nature Chemical Biology. Press coverage by ScienceDaily, EurekaAlert@AAAS,Swiss National Television-SF1, SDA, NZZ, BBC, etc.
2. Jiawei Shao, Shuai Xue, Guiling Yu, Yuanhuan Yu, Xueping Yang, Yu Bai, Sucheng Zhu, Linfeng Yang, Jianli Yin, Yidan Wang, Shuyong Liao, Sanwei Guo, Mingqi Xie, Martin Fussenegger, Haifeng Ye*. Smartphone-controlled optogenetically engineered cells enable semiautomatic glucose homeostasis in diabetic mice. Science Translational Medicine 9, eaal2298 (2017) (Cover Story)
Press coverage by BBC, MIT Technology Review, ScienceDaily, EurekaAlert@AAAS, Science Bulletin, GEN, IEEE Spectrum, LE TEMPS, Medical Press, CGTN, CCTV (English), Xinhua News Agency, etc.
3.Mingqi Xie, Haifeng Ye, Hui Wang, Ghislaine Charpin-El Hamri, Claude Lormeau, Pratik Saxena, Jörg Stelling* and Martin Fussenegger*. β-cell-mimetic designer cells provide closed-loop glycemic control. Science 354:1296-1301 (2016)
Highlighted byNature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology,Nature Chemical Biology, Molecular Therapy.
4. Haifeng Ye* †, Mingqi Xie†, Shuai Xue, Ghislaine Charpin-El Hamri, Jianli Yin, Henryk Zulewskiand Martin Fussenegger*. Self-adjusting synthetic gene circuit for correcting insulin resistance. Nature Biomedical Engineering 1,0005, 2016. (co-first and co-corresponding author)
Highlighted by Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology.Press coverage by BioArt, MedSci, Shanghai Science and Technology News, etc.
5. Haifeng Ye, Charpin-El Hamri, G., Zwicky, K., Christen, M., Marc Folcher, Martin Fussenegger. Pharmaceutically controlled designer circuit for the treatment of the metabolic syndrome. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA110:141-146 (2013)
Interviewed by BBC. Press coverage by JoVE, and Medical Press.
6. Shuai Xue, Jianli Yin, Jiawei Shao, Yuanhuan Yu, Linfeng Yang, Yidan Wang, Mingqi Xie, Martin Fussenegger and Haifeng Ye*. A synthetic biology-inspired therapeutic strategy for targeting and treating hepatogenous diabetes. Molecular Therapy, 25:443-455 (2017)
Press coverage by Scoop. it, Bio1000, etc.
7. Peng Bai, Haifeng Ye, Mingqi Xie, Pratik Saxena, Henryk Zulewski, Ghislaine Charpin-El Hamri, Valentin Djonovand, Martin Fussenegger*. A synthetic biology-based device prevents liver injury in mice. Journal of Hepatology 65 (1):84-94 (2016)
8. Wang H, Haifeng Ye, Xie M, Daoud El-Baba M, Fussenegger M*. Cosmetics-triggered percutaneous remote control of transgene expression in mice. Nucleic Acids Res.43:e91. (2015) doi:10.1093/nar/gkv326.
9. Mingqi Xie, Haifeng Ye, Hamri GC, Martin Fussenegger*. Antagonistic control of a dual-input mammalian gene switch by food additives. Nucleic Acids Res. 42:e166 (2014)
10. Haifeng Ye, Jin L, Hu R, Yi Z, Li J, Wu Y, Xi X, Wu Z. Poly(gamma,L-glutamic acid)-cisplatin conjugate effectively inhibits human breast tumor xenografted in nude mice. Biomaterials 27 (35):5958-65 (2006)
Honors and Awards:
l2016 “Science and Technology Leading Talents” from Wujiang District, Suzhou City
l2015 National Natural Science Foundation of China for “Outstanding Young Scientists”
l2015 “Shanghai Rising-Star Program” by Shanghai Municipality
l2014 “Thousand Young Talents Plan” by Chinese Government
l2013 “ETH Silver Medal” from ETH Zürich for the Outstanding PhD Dissertation
l2011 Chinese Government Award for “Outstanding Self-financed StudentsAbroad”
l2011 The 6th “Chunhui Cup” Pioneering Competition for Overseas Chinese Scholars